Deer Tick release a new compilation album entitled ‘Mayonnaise’ – an 11-song companion piece to last year's full-length albums 'Deer Tick Vol. 1' and 'Deer Tick Vol. 2.' and contains two bonus tracks.
The band explains: “On ‘Mayonnaise,’ you’ll find alternate versions of songs from ‘Vol. 1’ & ‘Vol. 2’ that we feel have their own merit and wanted to share. We also decided to record some of the cover songs that ‘Vol. 1’ & ‘Vol. 2’ inspired us to play on our Twice Is Nice Tour. We had such a good time playing these covers live that it felt appropriate to document them here. And, lastly, if we are going into the studio, why not write a few new songs, record them, and give the fans something new to round everything out? So, here you go, this is ‘Mayonnaise.’”
'Deer Tick Vol. 1' and 'Deer Tick Vol. 2' were the band’s first new material since 2013’s ‘Negativity’ and were recorded at the legendary Ardent Studios in Memphis, TN. The albums earned raves everywhere from Fresh Air, Vice Noisey, Consequence of Sound, Uproxx, as well as a performance on CBS This Morning.
- Limp Right Back (Alternate Version)
- White City (The Pogues cover)
- Old Lady
- Run Of The Mill (George Harrison cover)
- Strange, Awful Feeling
- End Of The World (Alternate Version)
- Hey! Yeah!
- Pale Blue Eyes (Velvet Underground cover)
- Memphis Chair
- Too Sensitive For This World (Ben Vaughn cover)
- Doomed From The Start (Alternate Version) - BONUS TRACK
- Cocktail (feat. Spencer Cullum Jr. of Steelism) - BONUS TRACK
Released February 1, 2019